Browse by Page
Connect on Social Media
403 W. Nye Lane, Ste A Carson City, NV 89706 | Get Directions
Call to Schedule! - (775) 400-2533

Tuesdays with the Team


Can You Help Me Get My Records From My Previous Dentist?

If you are switching to a new dentist, ask your current office about their policies regarding your dental records. Most offices keep records for a number of years as required by law, but it is always a good idea to transfer the records as soon as possible to help establish yourself as a patient. Due to confidentiality of medical information and the dentist-patient relationship, all requests for records must be done so in writing with the patient’s signature authorizing the release. The management of patient records and the information contained is regulated by both state and federal law. The former dental office may ask for clerical costs incurred in locating and making the records available. At Advanced Dentistry be Design we know that obtaining the records from your previous dentist can be uncomfortable so, we do it for you! Upon receipt of the signed ‘Records Release Form’ we will contact the other office on your behalf, and have the information available at your new patient appointment. Please call us today at (775) 400-2533 and speak to our friendly front office staff. We look forward to smiling with you!

Read More from Tuesdays with the Team!

Go to the Top of the Page
Accessibility Options