Relief from Pain Is a Good Reason to Smile
At Advanced Dentistry by Design, we’re passionate about our role as your oral healthcare providers. We’re here to help you improve and maintain your oral health and give you reasons to smile. We know pain interferes with that goal and negatively impacts your quality of life, which is why our comprehensive service menu includes TMJ treatment.
You deserve to live without pain.
Schedule a consultation today!
What is TMJ?
The TMJ is your temporomandibular joint, and problems with its function may also be referred to as TMD or TMJD. If you suffer from chronic headaches and migraine, have frequent jaw and facial pain, or experience stiffness or popping when opening and closing your mouth, it’s likely you’re one of the millions of Americans suffering from TMJ. Thankfully, your Carson City dentists are certified providers of a non-surgical, drug-free treatment that has the power to change your life. We’d like to introduce you to TruDenta®.
What is TruDenta®?
TruDenta is a diagnostic and treatment system with methods proven to help provide relief from:
- Chronic headaches and migraines
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Jaw clenching and teeth grinding
TruDenta uses a comprehensive assessment process to analyze your symptoms, which may include T-Scan technology to evaluate your mouth and jaw for dental imbalances. This precise measurement will tell us the amount and direction of force exerted by each tooth in your mouth.
The TruDenta treatment process is customized based on your symptoms and may include the use of:
- Ultrasound: the application of sound waves to strained muscles helps increase blood flow and heat, which can break up scar tissue and deep adhesions, alleviating soreness.
- Trigger point manipulation: gentle stimulation of your muscles and joints can reduce knots and tension, also increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
- Microcurrent therapy: low-level electrical signals are emitted to reduce muscle spasms and lactic acid buildup, relieving associated pain and encouraging healthy nerve stimulation.
- Cold laser therapy: targets joint and muscle inflammation painlessly to accelerate healing of muscle and joint tissue through cell growth and increased blood flow, which also improves range of motion.
If you have any questions about cosmetic dentistry, or would like to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors at Advanced Dentistry by Design, contact your Carson City dentists today!